Guided Tours Themes
Trace the footsteps of Kaisers, Kings, Musicians, Authors... The choice is yours!
Guided Tour: Famous Musicians in Baden-Baden
Have you ever heard of the Blue Room; Johannes Brahms’s living room in Baden-Baden? And do you know what really happened to Niccolo Paganini, the virtuoso violinist, whose life was clouded in mystery? These, and many other fascinating tales of great musicians, can only be heard here, in Baden-Baden.
These tours are available on request. Please contact:
Baden-Baden Convention & Visitors Office
Telephone +49 (0) 7221 275256,
Fax +49 (0) 7221 275260,
Guided Tour: Writers in Baden-Baden
Otto Flake, Reinhold Schneider, Werner Bergengruen, George Groddeck – all famous writers, who were inspired to put pen to paper by the town of Baden-Baden. Discover your own literary talent while touring the town in the footsteps of famous poets and literati.
These tours are available on request.
Season tours by the Chief Gardener
Where are the 400 different types of roses? Where exactly is the oldest tree in Baden-Baden? Where are the most beautiful azaleas? Where is the most romantic spot for daydreaming? Ask the gardener. He’ll know!
To find out when these tours take place, please contact us.
Guided Tour: Romantic Baden-Baden
Discover Baden-Baden’s romantic history!
Conducted in German.
Fridays at 3 pm. Minimum of 5 persons / Price 5 EUR, 'Kurkarte' holders 4 EUR
Information and booking
Telefon +49 (0) 7221 85175
Half Day Excursions
Go on a discovery tour and explore the surrounding towns on a half day excursion:
- “Schwarzwaldhochstraße” – the panoramic road through the Black Forest. Enjoy a breathtaking journey along this most picturesque of roads, which starts incidentally in Baden-Baden
- Strasbourg – In the mood for some Savoir vivre? City with a famous cathedral and a historic old town
- Calw – a wonderful, quaint, historic town with the famous Hermann-Hesse Museum - Rastatt – the two palaces, Schloss Favorite and Schloss Rastatt with its military museum, are well worth the visit.
- Pforzheim – How about a visit to Germany’s Jewellery Museum?
- Maulbronn – with its beautiful middle-aged monastery
- Freudenstadt –a Black Forest town with a historic market place
- Karlsruhe – an impressive palace and art gallery, State museum, ZKM-Center for Art and Media and a zoo (coach trips for groups, or tours for individuals by car)
- Black Forest tour/ Panoramic route to the town of Titisee with a visit to a cuckoo clock factory
- In the mood for some Savoir vivre? Strasbourg in Alsace, France (cathedral and historic old town)
- Heidelberg – the old historic university town with its famous castle
- Freiburg – a romanitc old town strewn with narrow streams, a historic market place and Freiburg Cathedral
- Hausach – a Black Forest town with its open-air museum and historic courtyards
- Triberg – a Black Forest town with its waterfalls and cuckoo clock museum
- Alpirsbach – a Black Forest town with its monastery and the attached brewery
- Schiltach – an old historic Black Forest town
- Wolfach – a Black Forest town with a glass blowing workshop
- Furtwangen – a Black Forest town with a clock museum (coach trips for groups, or tours for individuals by car)